Wednesday 4 December 2013

STICK N' POKES

Ok a lot of people have been asking me how I do my own tattoos so I thought I'd do a mini tutorial kinda thing.


  U WILL NEED:


 - Sewing needles/tattoo needles (they must be sharp!)
 - Some string - Indian ink/ tattoo ink
- A pen/pencil/paintbrush
- A cloth or something you don't mind getting inky
 - AAAAND SOME ICE (if u can't handle pain)


 First of all, I'd recommend that you sterilise your needle. I've never done this and I'm ok but yeah they say u should do that. I think you're meant to dip it in alcohol and burn it (but u should check with google). Then you've gotta construct your tattooin' thing. Professionals drill a hole into wood and put the needle in the hole but i don't have a drill so i just use a pencil and string. Position your needle (spiky side outwards) at the end of your pencil/paintbrush or whatever you're using, so that about 5mm is poking out. Then wrap LOOOOADSA layers of string around it so that the needle can't move at all. Make sure you wrap a few layers of string around the bit of needle that's poking out, but not so much that you can't see the end. This is so that it will absorb the ink and it will disperse into your skin whilst poking. Because there's no point stabbin' yourself if the ink isn't even going in. (ok so i realised i haven't done this on my sample, awkward.)

 

 You now need to numb the area you're poking with ice. You should hold it on for about 30 seconds. Depending on the size of the tattoo and how quick you are at poking, you may need to numb it again. Then, presuming you have decided on a design already, lightly sketch out your design onto your skin with pen. And now you basically just dip the needle into the ink and poke the pattern into your skin. to make sure you're poking deep enough for the ink to go under your skin, watch carefully. At first the needle will push down on your skin and make an imprint but then you'll notice it going under. If you poke really fast you'll notice it doesn't hurt as much and it'll go into the skin easier and quicker. I tried to take some pictures of my stick n' pokes for inspiration but i have such crappy lighting atm.


 


 HAPPY POKIN'

1 comment: