Monday 9 December 2013

Asger Carlsen inspired photography


 I've been researching Asger Carlsen's manipulated portraits and i thought they were so awesome they deserved a dedicated blog post. They're so minimal, like the background and colour scheme's really plain but the subject is totally deformed. With some of his pieces, the deformity isn't obvious at all, it just seems like a normal photograph, but when you see it, it's really shocking. He makes you question what's real and fake.

Since i don't have friends to take pictures of, i went and took pictures of my brother and my cousins. And since they're 5, i couldn't take any nude pictures (lol) to fit in with Asger's deformed limbs pieces. So i had to stick with plain t-shirts. It took me over half an hour to persuade Lily to take her princess dress off. And even then, she was crying on 90% of the pictures and refused to let go of her candy cane. But anyway, i managed to get some pretty cool pictures.





Mega cute





So after hours of editing, here are is a small group of my Asger Carlsen inspired edits:








creepy or wat



3 comments:

  1. Are you a textile or art/photography student?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh these are so wonderful! What did you use to edit them, I'm just curious because I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near as talented as you are.
    --velveteenstyle.blogspot.com
    ps your cousins are SO kewt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this so much! I've just started a photography blog I'd love it so much if you could check it out? dayandbailey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete